SDSCA News (our ASCA partnered newsletter) focuses on College & Career: Preparing K-12.
President's Message: Out-of-the-basement Ready
Career Experiences for Our Students
Addressing Career Development through Technology Literacy
Most digital natives lack the skills they’ll need with work-based tech tools and tech safety, but school counselors can help.
Crayons to Careers: A K-12 Approach to College and Career Readiness
From fifth-grade job matches to administrator training to supporting first-generation students, one district is jump-starting their students’ college and career readiness.
Promoting Success for Pregnant Teens and Teen Mothers
Group work can build college and career readiness among teens whose futures face many risks.
College and Career Readiness of Student Athletes
“Who are you without the ball?” A school counselor helps student athletes see their big picture.
Concurrent Enrollment: Linking College Dual Credit to High School Completion
How can dual credit classes support student success? Parent education is one piece of the puzzle.
Top Occupations, 2014-24
See where the jobs are headed with data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Don't miss the videos--look for the arrows in ads to click and view!
- You can print pages or download PDFs (of individual pages or the whole issue) from the link.
- How you can become a presenter at November's Counselor Connection Workshop
- The SDSCA Table at May's SDCA conference
- The School Counselor Spotlight
- And more!